There’s nothing better than a good warming soup, and if you’re on the East Coast, the weather will have you thinking it’s winter again! Even though just last week it was 80 degrees, today a lot of people were greeted by some snow.
So what better way to bring in a chilly weekend than with some warming soup?
Broccoli cheddar is a favorite amongst many, so here we make it enjoyable for vegans or those avoiding dairy as well!
Not only that, but it’s super quick to whip up, so if the day gets away from you, this recipes got you covered.
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Place beans, nutritional yeast, turmeric, hemp seeds, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Rinse and finely chop broccoli
- Place broth and chopped broccoli into a small saucepan and bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes or until broccoli softens.
- Add more salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!