For this savory Saturday, we bring you a wonderful and warming chili recipe! Something the whole family can enjoy, and just in time for a nice Sunday dinner.
Although these days, one day bleeds into another, it’s nice to keep up structure as much as possible, and having a nice weekend, family dinner is exactly that for some people.
The great thing about chili recipes is that they’re super customizable to your own taste!
- Big can V8 ( a couple tiny cans of spicy V8 works great)
- Turkey breasts cooked (opt: Turkey London broil or thick chicken breast)
- All color peppers
- Red Onion
- 1/2 bag sliced frozen okra
- 1 can kidney beans-dark
- 1 can kidney beans-light
- 1 can black beans (honestly, whatever beans you like, and however many you prefer)
- 1 can diced tomatoes( not drained)
- 1 jar medium salsa( Desert pepper corn bean is a fave)
- Sprinkle Louisiana Hot Sauce, or other hot sauce to taste
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
Sautee or grill veggies, grill chicken and turkey, then add everything into a pot and let simmer for hours!