As much as we love cooking delicious meals everyday, there comes a point where the idea of getting multiple burners and appliances going all at once makes ordering in sound like the ideal plan.
This one pot curry is perfect for those days when you want to whip something together with as little dishes to wash as possible. It also stores super well so you’ll have leftovers ready throughout the week!
For the curry
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup brown rice, dry 1/2 cup water
- 300 g yellow potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup red lentils, dry
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
For the topping
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- Start by chopping the onion, then mince the garlic and ginger; add into a deep pan on high heat and sauté in water until the onion is soft
- Add the spices (curry, turmeric, cumin) and a splash of more water and let it cook into a paste
- Now add the dry rice plus 1/2 cup water, cover with a lid and let simmer on low heat for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile wash and chop the potatoes and carrot into bite size pieces
- When the 25 minutes have passed, add the potatoes, carrot, lentils, sea salt and 1 cup water, cover with a lid and then let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes
- When the potatoes are soft, serve in a bowl and top with shredded red cabbage, lime and coriander!