Buffalo wings definitely don’t have to be exclusive to super bowl Sunday, and they don’t even have to be actual wings at all.
Not only are these cauliflower wings vegan, but they’re also gluten-free so anyone can enjoy them! Packed with flavor, these will surely make it into your go-to recipes file.
- 2 cups cut cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 4 tbsp hot sauce (Cholula is our choice)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a sheet with parchment paper or a reusable baking sheet! (making sure your oven is hot is important so the wings don’t come out soggy!)
- Mix the flour, nut milk, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a bowl until smooth
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, let any excess batter drip off then place the cauliflower bites on the baking pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping halfway through
- While the wings are baking, mix the hot sauce, almond butter, and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- When the wings are cooked, remove from oven and brush or gently pour the buffalo sauce on the wings.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes!
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!