30 Min Kabocha Pumpkin Curry
Total time: 30 minutes
(makes 4 servings)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
2cm piece of fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp yellow curry paste
1 cup full fat coconut milk
Half of kabocha pumpkin, skin on, seeds removed, cut into cubes
3 1/2 cups spinach leaves
For serving: roasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh coriander, lime wedges
- Heat olive in a large, deep pan. Add onions, garlic and ginger, cook for about 3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Stir frequently.
- Add yellow curry paste and coconut milk. Stir until well combined and bring to a simmer.
- Add kabocha pumpkin, cover the pan with a lid and let simmer over low/medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach leaves.
- Serve hot with wild or red rice, topped with pumpkin seeds, chopped coriander and a drizzle of lime juice.
Original recipe appeared in Fresh n’ Lean
Today is National Pumpkin Day so we had to post a yummy pumpkin recipe that is LJF approved! Creamy, comforting and satisfying dish ready in 30 minutes. Tastes amazing served with wild or red rice, crunchy pumpkin seeds, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
One cup of Kabocha contains forty calories — twenty calories less than butternut squash. Kabocha is high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is also known as vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for healthy white blood cells, good immunity, and healthy eyes, skin, and hair. Give this recipe a try while in season. Great for recipe for meal planning too, make a batch and enjoy for lunch over the week!